Re: [Exim] new user needs help with filter file

Author: Jim Tittsler
To: dcutler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] new user needs help with filter file
On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 11:55:41PM -0500, dcutler@??? wrote:
> I entered this line in my filter file to block spam:
>
> $header_subject contains "$$$ PLEEEEEEEASE READ!" or
> Yet my logs return this error:
> 2000-08-31 19:06:23 13UFij-00062A-01 Error in message_filter
> file: failed to expand "Fwd: Fw: Fw: Fw: $$$ PLEEEEEEEASE
> READ!" in filter file: $ not followed by letter, digit, or {

Please see section 6. of the filter.txt document.

The $ symbol has a special meaning in an expanded string. You
can escape it to get a literal $ by preceding it with a
backslash... but since the backslash also has a special meaning
in a quoted string, you need to escape each with another
backslash. So I believe what you want is something like:

$header_subject contains "\\$\\$\\$ PLEEEEEEEASE READ!" or

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo
Python Starship     http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/