Re: [Exim] A recommended Mailing list manager for Exim?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard Welty
A: Mustapha Mahfouz, Marc MERLIN
Cc: Roger Burton West, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] A recommended Mailing list manager for Exim?
At 07:29 PM 8/31/00 +0600, Mustapha Mahfouz wrote:
>On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Marc MERLIN spoke,
>
> > > One that I'd suggest you avoid is majordomo - it's had a number of
> > > security problems recently, which led to its being omitted from the
> > > recent Debian 2.2 release.

> > The biggest problem is that it's unmaintained...
> > (it was also hacked on by way too many people)

lightly maintained is a better way to put it. 1.94.5 was just released a
little while ago, and fixed a number of issues in the rather old 1.94.4
release. most of the effort for majordomo is going into 2.0 right now,
which is being fairly agressively developed -- but it's a complete
replacement, and a substantial redesign, which is taking some time.

i'm using majordomo 1.94.5 w/exim 3.15, it's working fairly well, but then,
i've been using majordomo since 1.92 (which was years and years ago.) the
pain of switching to another would be pretty severe, especially since i've
got a few thousand subscribers trained in majordomo now.

richard

--
Richard Welty                 rwelty@???
Any type of UBE (Unsolicited Bulk EMail) to this account