Re: [Exim] A recommended Mailing list manager for Exim?

Author: Mustapha Mahfouz
To: Marc MERLIN
CC: Roger Burton West, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] A recommended Mailing list manager for Exim?
On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Marc MERLIN spoke,

> > One that I'd suggest you avoid is majordomo - it's had a number of
> > security problems recently, which led to its being omitted from the
> > recent Debian 2.2 release.
>
> The biggest problem is that it's unmaintained...
> (it was also hacked on by way too many people)

Absolutely, but still it seems to be used by quite a lot of sites,
especially linux sites, I may be wrong but the kernel maling list etc are
run by majordomo as far as I am aware.

> > There's quite a bit of material on exim.org, though some of it is
> > fairly deeply buried.
>
> Here are the tricks for mailman+exim:
> http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html

Thanks to all about the links, you all are very kind.

> Marc
> --
> Microsoft is to software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking

Superbly put! Since Microsoft bashing is our favourite way to spend the
time (yes even in my part of the world!) here is something I found.....

MS (n) 1. A debilitating and surprisingly widespread affliction
that renders the sufferer barely able to perform the simplest
task. 2. A disease, multiple sclerosis (see).

Thank you my friends,
Mustapha Mahfouz.