Re: [Exim] Relay questions..

Author: Dave C.
To: Don Click
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Relay questions..
Exim is in fact simpler than sendmail to configure. They both, however,
are mail *SERVER* software. (Eg, for a system that is permanently
connected to the Internet, has Internet domain names registered with MX
records with list that server, etc, which receives and delivers mail
into local mailboxes, for reading by manu individual users (who might
be customers, employees, or members of an organization) with individual
mail clients, and also allows for those users to send mail out to the
world through it)

If all you want to do is send and receive email from an individual
email account/address with your ISP, you need mail *CLIENT*
software, such as Netscape Communicator, or UW-Pine..