Re: [Exim] Can real2-user skip .forward?

Author: Dave C.
To: Marc MERLIN
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Can real2-user skip .forward?
On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 08:52:25PM -0400, Dave C. wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > > I know about the real- director:
> > > # This allows local delivery to be forced, avoiding alias files and
> > > # forwarding.
> > > real_local:
> > > prefix = real-
> > > driver = localuser
> > > transport = local_delivery
> > >
> > > Is there any way to have real2-user resolve user in /etc/aliases (i.e. honor
> > > the system_aliases directory), but avoid the userforward director (i.e.
> > > ignore .forward files)?
> > >
> > > Can I write something like this?
> > > real2_local:
> > > prefix = real2-
> > > driver = system_aliases
> > > transport = local_delivery
> >
> > This is all dependent on the order - directors are run in the order
> > specified - the first one that succeeds is used. Look at the existing
> > directors, and what order they are in.
>
> I know that :-) but it's not that simple. This doesn't work:

> # This allows local delivery to be forced, avoiding alias files and
> # forwarding.
> real_local:
> prefix = real-
> driver = localuser
> transport = local_delivery
>
> # This director handles aliasing using a traditional /etc/aliases file.
> # If any of your aliases expand to pipes or files, you will need to set
> # up a user and a group for these deliveries to run under. You can do
> # this by uncommenting the "user" option below (changing the user name
> # as appropriate) and adding a "group" option if necessary.
> system_aliases:
> user=mail
> group=mail
> driver = aliasfile
> file_transport = address_file
> pipe_transport = address_pipe
> file = /etc/aliases
> search_type = lsearch
> # If an alias file can't be loaded, we defer, not freeze -- Marc
> freeze_missing_include = false
>
> # This allows local delivery to be forced, avoiding alias files and
> # forwarding.
> noforward_local:
> prefix = noforward-
> driver = localuser
> transport = local_delivery
>
> userforward:
> driver = forwardfile
> file_transport = address_file
> pipe_transport = address_pipe
> reply_transport = address_reply
> no_verify
> check_ancestor
> # Not specifying the directory forces exim to do a stat on $home first, and
> # defer if NFS is hosed
> file = .forward
> modemask = 002
> filter
>
> The reason is doesn't work is that system_aliases won't work if I lookup
> noforward-somealias, it won't work match in system_aliases

Hrm.. the problem is is that aliasfile is a "new-address" form of
director, where it generates a new address that then gets
routed/directed on its own.. This is because an aliasfile could
contain addresses that go to other domains that are not local - any
such addresses would be routed rather than directed.

Why exactly is it that you need to do this? There may be a better way
of accomplishing your desired end-result..