Re: [Exim] Can real2-user skip .forward?

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Can real2-user skip .forward?
On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 08:52:25PM -0400, Dave C. wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > I know about the real- director:
> > # This allows local delivery to be forced, avoiding alias files and
> > # forwarding.
> > real_local:
> > prefix = real-
> > driver = localuser
> > transport = local_delivery
> >
> > Is there any way to have real2-user resolve user in /etc/aliases (i.e. honor
> > the system_aliases directory), but avoid the userforward director (i.e.
> > ignore .forward files)?
> >
> > Can I write something like this?
> > real2_local:
> > prefix = real2-
> > driver = system_aliases
> > transport = local_delivery
>
> This is all dependent on the order - directors are run in the order
> specified - the first one that succeeds is used. Look at the existing
> directors, and what order they are in.

I know that :-) but it's not that simple. This doesn't work:

# This allows local delivery to be forced, avoiding alias files and
# forwarding.
real_local:
prefix = real-
driver = localuser
transport = local_delivery

# This director handles aliasing using a traditional /etc/aliases file.
# If any of your aliases expand to pipes or files, you will need to set
# up a user and a group for these deliveries to run under. You can do
# this by uncommenting the "user" option below (changing the user name
# as appropriate) and adding a "group" option if necessary.
system_aliases:
user=mail
group=mail
driver = aliasfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
file = /etc/aliases
search_type = lsearch
# If an alias file can't be loaded, we defer, not freeze -- Marc
freeze_missing_include = false

# This allows local delivery to be forced, avoiding alias files and
# forwarding.
noforward_local:
prefix = noforward-
driver = localuser
transport = local_delivery

userforward:
driver = forwardfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
reply_transport = address_reply
no_verify
check_ancestor
# Not specifying the directory forces exim to do a stat on $home first, and
# defer if NFS is hosed
file = .forward
modemask = 002
filter

The reason is doesn't work is that system_aliases won't work if I lookup
noforward-somealias, it won't work match in system_aliases

I could add a forward_aliases director with a prefix of noforward-, but once
noforward-alias is turned into login, I have login and not noforward-login,
so the userforward then kicks in...

It probably is doable, but I don't know exim well enough to pull it off yet :-)

Marc

Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key and other contact information