[Exim] Spool file locked

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: davidturetsky
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Spool file locked
I did not expect to be back so soon! I went back to clean up my
exim.conf file based on recent discussions and ended up
immobilizing both exim and... apparently fetchmail too

I removed the 'lists' section and commented out
'split-spool-directory=true and went to /etc/spool/exim/input and
deleted all the 62 directories, since current mail volume does not
require split spools and it is a lot easier seeing what's going on
with just one spool. I was getting 'Exim configuration error',
director smarthost: cannot find driver "domainlist" in line 303 until
I figured out that I had inadvertently commented out an 'end'
statement in the preceding section

Now running right off the command line or running Dave's script
puts the mail on the spool, but it never goes out, including when
I run 'exim -d9 -M xxxx....xxxx to try to force delivery of a message
to this account after first clearing the spool and writing a post right
off the command line. When I run -M, exim hangs, seeming to look for
keyboard input. fetchmail -v similarly looks for input

I checked back against earlier posts and exim.conf seems clean.
I also tried putting back the 'split-spool-directory' option, but wonder
if I haven't gotten things out of sync

I got the following redirected diagnostic output:

'Actual local interface address is 127.0.0.1
Actual local interface address is 63.24.127.158
Set_process_info: 245 2.05 delivering specified messages
delivering message 13RTJj....-00
Set_process_info: 245 2.05 delivering 13RTJj...-00
LOG: 5 MAIN
Spool file is locked'

David