Re: [Exim] Should vacation messages go to reply_address or r…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Kai Henningsen
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Should vacation messages go to reply_address or return_path
On 21 Aug 2000, Kai Henningsen wrote:

> > No, you haven't! (With the possible exception of "Return-Path:" added at
> > final delivery.)
>
> Uh, "with the possible exception" of the one place where I'd expect them?!

Clearly we are all talking at cross-purposes here! Sorry for picking up
the wrong interpretation.

> Actually, as I said in the part you snipped, those were the parts Greg
> mistakenly thought Vadim was talking about, but Vadim meant either Return-
> any autoresponder should look at, and not ever reply if it's "<>".

The difference between envelope and header lines is a continual source
of confusion. When I talk about mail I get people to think of what
happens when a paper letter is sent to several different people at
different addresses, and who uses which addresses for what. It sometimes
helps....