Re: [Exim] Newbie question: root@my.isp ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jerome De Greef
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Newbie question: root@my.isp ?
On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Jerome De Greef wrote:

> So it means we can use nested fail ? It's not quite clear in the
> documentation: what happens when a fail is encountered, the whole rule is
> aborted (then we only need one fail) or the remaining part is evaluated
> (then we need 2 fails)?

The whole rule is aborted when fail is evaluated. But you do need two of
them in your example, which was of the form

${if {cond}{ ${lookup...{$value}fail} } fail}
                                 ^       ^
                                 ^       ^
                                 ^    (1) If the condition is false, this
                                 ^    "fail" is evaluated.
                                 ^
                          (2) If the condition is true, but the lookup
                          fails, this "fail" is evaluated.

If you miss out (1) and the condition is false, the result is an
empty string rather than failure. If you miss out (2) and the condition
is true but the lookup fails, the result is an empty string rather than
failure.