RE: [Exim] What do you want in a book?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Alan Thew
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: John Horne, exim-users
Tópicos Novos: RE: [Exim] What do you want in a book?
Assunto: RE: [Exim] What do you want in a book?
On Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:24 , Philip Hazel <ph10@???> said:

>On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, John Horne wrote:

<snip>

>> 2) With Exim's continuous development will the book become dated too
>> quickly? I'm not sure how this is dealt with with the Sendmail book (Edition
>> 3 I think), but after a year or so will there be much more in Exim than the
>> book states? Or will it just be the internals that is now changing (to avoid
>> the creeping featurism)?
>
>This is, and will be a problem. If a book is published, it will be
>out-of-date before it hits the shops.

This will always be a problem (that's why the spec doc exists?), surely
much of the book is not for people who have read this list daily for
some time but for people who need to see the error of their ways :-)
and for those of us who might want to see a way of doing things
differently (but then there's the FAQ etc...)