Re: [Exim] What do you want in a book?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Bruce Bowler
CC: David Sheryn, exim-users, Phil Pennock
Assunto: Re: [Exim] What do you want in a book?
On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Bruce Bowler wrote:

> YESYESYES! It's cheaper for me to buy the reference manual that I could
> have printed out than it is for me to print it out. Also, it, along
> with the rest of the book, will share a common index, making it easier
> to find things. Presumably, Philip will also include pointers, in the
> text, back and forth between the reference section and the rest of the
> book, making it more useful than what is currently available on-line.

It is not currently organized as overall tutorial + reference, though
some of it is like that in parts. Pointers are harder than one might
think. Publishers don't seem to like numbering their sections,
subsections, etc. and referring by page number ain't popular.

Of course, a printed copy of the reference manual will be out of date
before it even appears.