Re: [Exim] Should vacation messages go to reply_address or r…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dave C.
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Should vacation messages go to reply_address or return_path?
On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Dave C. wrote:

> Personally, I think the entire concept of 'vacation' messages is stupid
> anyway. Anyone important that has any idea how often you *normally*
> check your mail should probably already be seperately aware of the fact
> that you are 'on vacation'..

(1) I get messages from all sorts of people from all over the world. I
don't want these strangers to think I just ignore their mail. So I put a
vacation message in place when I'm away for more than a day or two.
[When I'm on vacation, I do not usually check my email.] I don't really
care at all whether the senders are "important" or not.

(2) Even our own staff number over 100, and lots of them wouldn't be
aware of when I was going to be away.