著者: Dave C.
To: Gareth Otte
CC: Exim-Users
題目: Re: [Exim] Help
On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Gareth Otte wrote:

> MS Outlook allows you to leave a copy of your message on the
> server. Does Exim allow you to do the same thing and if so, how?? Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

Exim is an MTA (Message Transfer Agent) It has nothing to do with
reading or keeping mail in a mailbox on a server. Exim is NOT a POP3 or
IMAP server. It delivers mail only and is not invloved with mail
retrieval. You would need a seperate program to provide POP3 or IMAP
services.

Outlook is an MUA (Message User Agent) It communicates with a POP3 or
IMAP (Or MS Exchange, of course - not relevant here) server, to retrive
messages, and optionally command the POP3 or IMAP server to delete them
from the server mailbox. I would be surprised if an POP3 or IMAP server
(barring an administrative policy otherwise - eg quotas or maximum hold
time) didn't support 'not deleting' messages.