Re: [Exim] rewriting/regex question

Top Pagina
Auteur: Marc MERLIN
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] rewriting/regex question
On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 03:32:03AM +0300, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> VA Linux! Do you sell your sweeeet rackmounted PCs outside US?

:-)
(yes, please Email privately for more info)

> > I'd love to write something like that:
> > *@partial-lsearch{/etc/mail/vadomains}    $1@???    hE

> Try this:
>
> *@partial-lsearch;/etc/mail/vadomains        $1@???    Eh

Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you :-)
(I just couldn't get the syntax right)

> > I'd love to be able to write
> > pop.*.valinux.com
> > pop3.*.valinux.com
> >
> > Is that possible?
>
> Not as such, I'm afraid. You can do it with a regexp, though
> (beware: untested):
>
> ^([^@]+)@pop3?\.[^.@]+\.valinux\.com$    $1@???    Eh

> Or even:
>
> ^([^@]+)@pop3?\.[^@]+\.(valinux\.com)$        $1@$2    Eh

> Philip will post optimizations to the regexps ;) Well, something
> like:
>
> ^((?>[^@]+))@pop3?\.(?>[^@]+)(?<=\.valinux\.com)    $1@???    Eh

> All the examples above assume you don't have @ sign in any of
> your local parts.

Yeah, that works for rewriting (my regex fu is strong too :-D), but my
/etc/mail/vadomains file is used for here too:
local_domains = "lsearch;/etc/mail/virtualdomainlist: \
        partial-lsearch;/etc/mail/vadomains"
so they'd have to be in the vadomains file anyway.

That said, it's not the end of the world if I have to list all the
occurences, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a smarter way to do it.

> And yet another hint: don't rewrite root addresses, for you will
> not know what machine the error messages come from (unless you
> look into Received: headers).

Well, I'd usually do that, but we have a split DNS setup, and if I don't
rewrite the header and envelope from, hosts outside the firewall will not
accept the Email (not that they'd be any reason for
root@??? to send Email outside of VA, but better
safe as they say).
I'm used to tracking machines by looking at the from host in the Received
line, it's worked fine so far.

Thanks for your help,
Marc

Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key and other contact information