[Exim] Problems with writing to spool

Author: Andre Grueneberg
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Problems with writing to spool
-=( Hi )=-

On one of the machines I'm running, I'm getting the following error messages
in the log files:

Failed to create spool file /opt/exim/spool/input//<id>-D: Permission denied
Cannot lock /opt/exim/spool/input//<id>-D

when I try to enter a mail using the exim command locally from an unprivileged

user. I'm using Exim 3.16 compiled with EXIM_UID=0, EXIM_GID=101.

Do I have to make the spool/input world writable?

On another system (still running Exim 3.14, I didn't upgrade yet), I'm running

Exim without EXIM_[UG]ID set and the input spool directory's mode is 750 and I

can deliver mail properly...

I would be really glad to get a tip how to solve this problem...

  -=( CU Andre )=-         E-Mail: andre@???
... Ritz cracker found in drive A: Delete children? (Y/N)