Re: [Exim] Mass mailing..

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Malcolm Beattie
Para: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Mass mailing..
Philip Hazel writes:
> On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Dave C. wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way of dropping this into
> > exim's queue. Should I drop them in batches, adding a delay between
> > each, to avoid the 'queue_only_load', or will I do just as well to just
> > drop them all in as one, and let exim queue them up and run them out
> > after? Anyone have any other ideas?
>
> 7000 is a big queue, less so if you have split_spool_directory set. You
> could try something like:
>
> Submit 100 with -odq; start a queue runner; wait a bit; repeat
>
> The length of "a bit" probably depends on how quickly the messages can
> be delivered. If it's fast, one minute might be fine. You could make it
> dynamic: wait till queue size has gone down by, say, 90.

I had to send out 28000 messages last week (spamming the entire
university, don't ask). I just had a little script which did
    sendmail -oi -odq address < messagefile
for every address (where "sendmail" is, of course, a link to exim :-).
Then I had about 3 concurrent "exim -q" queuerunner processes going
through the queue and I'd manually start up another whenever one got
through to the end. They went at about 10 per second and there weren't
any problems. With 7000 you should be fine. The only potential pitfall
is if they can't get shipped out quickly enough: mine were going
through to our mail hubs which took them off my hands pretty quickly.

--Malcolm

--
Malcolm Beattie <mbeattie@???>
Unix Systems Programmer