Re: [Exim] msglog content.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sherwood Botsford
CC: Exim List
Subject: Re: [Exim] msglog content.
On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Sherwood Botsford wrote:

> And I would like the msglog to say when the next retry is.

For all the IP addresses that may be involved? (Could be a dozen or more
for some domains.)

Exim doesn't have the information at the time it writes the log. It only
computes retry times right at the end of a delivery, after handling all
the addresses. I suppose it could write them to the message log, but
this would be separate from the delivery lines. It could be quite
space-consuming for little gain: consider the case when there are
several IP addresses, all but one of which have been dead for a long
time. You'll then get lots of entries where the one address has a new
retry time, but the rest keep having the same (distant) retry time.