Re: [Exim] Mass mailing..

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mass mailing..
On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 06:50:13PM -0400, Dave C. wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way of dropping this into
> exim's queue. Should I drop them in batches, adding a delay between
> each, to avoid the 'queue_only_load', or will I do just as well to just
> drop them all in as one, and let exim queue them up and run them out
> after? Anyone have any other ideas?

Why don't you write a perl/python/C/whatever script that delivers (ie
copy) a general file to the user's maildir that can be tailored given
lookups in a file/database/per user?

Even if you send mail, exim will be fine with queue of up to 20k
messages. Make sure you check that there are no more than X queue
runners running at once.

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer