Re: [Exim] Use of $reply_to address in vacation mechanism

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Use of $reply_to address in vacation mechanism
Quoth Richard Gilbert on Mon, Jul 31, 2000:
> > Expansion of "$reply_address" in vacation_reply transport contains
> > non-printing characters
>
> ...caused by header fields like...
>
> > From: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCPzkbKEo=?==?ISO-2022-JP?B?IBskQjksOS8bKEo=?=
> >       <mori@???>

> The non-printing characters are not in the active part of the address. Is
> there a way of referring to just the active part of the reply address?

Well, I believe that instead of $reply_to you can use:
    ${local_part:$reply_to}@${domain:$reply_to}

I know it's dirty. But Philip should probably comment on that.

> If
> not, would it be OK to use $sender_address,

I believe that vacation messages should be sent to the envelope
sender address, indeed.

> given that the vacation
> mechanism applies a whole set of conditions to restrict it to personal
> mail only.

How? What about messages sent to a mailing list and to the human
personally?

Vadik.

--
The ill-formed Orange