[Exim] Use of $reply_to address in vacation mechanism

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard Gilbert
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Use of $reply_to address in vacation mechanism
We provide a central "intelligent" vacation facility for our users (thanks
to John Horne at Plymouth for help with this). It uses the $reply_to
expansion variable with the autoreply transport. I see a steady stream
of...

> Expansion of "$reply_address" in vacation_reply transport contains
> non-printing characters

...caused by header fields like...

> From: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCPzkbKEo=?==?ISO-2022-JP?B?IBskQjksOS8bKEo=?=
>       <mori@???>

The non-printing characters are not in the active part of the address. Is
there a way of referring to just the active part of the reply address? If
not, would it be OK to use $sender_address, given that the vacation
mechanism applies a whole set of conditions to restrict it to personal
mail only. Or should I be setting print_topbitchars?

Thank you in anticipation.

Richard

P.S. I sent this message to the list before lunch but although it was
delivered to exim-colo-01.whoc.theplanet.co.uk it did not get back to me
or make it into the archive. Apologies if you get it twice.

--
Richard Gilbert
Corporate Information and Computing Services