Re: [Exim] Large numbers of "failed to find host name from I…

Author: Dave C.
To: F.F. Jacot-Guillarmod
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Large numbers of "failed to find host name from IP address"?
I can't tell for sure from the log entries you included wether the
rejections are *because* the sender host doesnt have a reverse lookup,
or if they are being rejected for some other reason (and exim is just
making a note of the lack of reverse DNS)..

If the former, you really don't want to do that for the Internet at
large. Yes, there are tons of organizations that can't, won't, or just
don't setup proper reverse DNS. Personally, I trust recording/logging
the IP address rather than whatever host name DNS might give for it
anyway - much more reliable to track down later.