Re: [Exim] custom reason for a forced verify failure

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Andreas Pettersson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] custom reason for a forced verify failure
On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Andreas Pettersson wrote:

> 550 Cannot route to <foo.bar@???>
>
> I would like to change that to:
>
> 550 User doesn't exist <foo.bar@???>
>
> So I really would like to be able to have a custom reason for the
> failure, as with the prohibition_message option, but this doesn't
> seem to be possible with a receiver verification.

You need to set up a custom verification failure. If example.com is a
local domain, try a director like this:

custom_fail_verify:
driver = aliasfile
search_type = lsearch
verify_only

and in the file, put lines like

foo.bar: :fail: Left our employ

If example.com is not a local domain, then you have to fudge things up
using a router that recognizes the addresses somehow, and forces them to
become local so that you can then use a director like the above. This is
messy (maybe one day...). Something like this:

route_to_fail_verify:
  driver = domainlist
  domains = example.com
  local_parts = lsearch;/that/file
  route_list = * localhost byname
  self = local
  verify_only

> I can't find any prohibition_reason for receiver_verification and my
> debug sessions shows that prohibition_message is never checked when
> the verify fails.

The prohibition stuff is only implemented for policy rejections;
verification doesn't count as such. I know; it's arguable ....