Re: [Exim] exim as a replacement for sendmail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Julian King
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim as a replacement for sendmail

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, robert rotman wrote:
>
> > Why does the default-configure-file not contain the same funktionality as
> > most of the sendmail-configuration which comes with the various
> > distributions (eg. Linux distributions):
> > virtusertable, generictable, access, the procmail pipe...
>
> Because I am not a sendmail person, not having been anywhere near it for
> 10 years, and also because I am not familiar with the many Linux
> distributions, and only vauguely familiar with Linux at all, since I
> develop on Solaris.

Also...

- The FAQ tells you how to do these things and far more.
- The documentation tells you how to do these things and far far more.
- There is an exim configuration program that comes with Debian, and
probably others.
- The default configuration does what most people actually want with
minimal munging - send email.

Julian