Re: [Exim] exim as a replacement for sendmail

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Volker Tobias Mueller
Para: robert rotman
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim as a replacement for sendmail
On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, robert rotman wrote:
> Why does the default-configure-file not contain the same funktionality as
> most of the sendmail-configuration which comes with the various
> distributions (eg. Linux distributions):
> virtusertable, generictable, access, the procmail pipe...

Simply because a couple of guys at SuSe, Redhat, and all the countless
others spend a lot of time on providing the functionalilty you mention.

> I've tried to make my own configure-file and posting it later but
> I'm not that experianced that i got all features to work:(

The faq will be your friend.

> my question: has anyone a configuartion file with these features?
>              can it be shipped with upcoming versions of exim?

There are a couple of configs at the ftp site. And again: read the faq.
Who replaces sendmail with exim (or anything else) can be expected to
"cope" with exim's config easily.

hth,
Volker