著者: Larry
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] About exim
First a couple of newbie type questions.

What is a director?

What is a .forward file for?

Does Exim automatically look for that file when it does a mail run?

What is a filter and what does it do?

What is routing? Is it for routing mail on your own machine or
to other machines or both or none of the above?

Can exim put mail from different lists into seperate folders on your
machine or is that another mail type program such as procmail?

I get spam that is addressed to some non-existant person/domain on my
machine, how does that happen, how do I stop it in Exim?

Is Exim supposed to run procmail during a mail run? Is there a
configuration example somewhere that I can get that shows how to set
procmail up for running, such as how to call it and what commands to use?

Please forgive the simple newbie questions. I got Exim up and running
without any problem but now I want to do some extras like seperating
mail into groups and stopping spam and I don't even know what most of
the words and descriptions mean in the doc files. So before I begin
that process I am going to have to know how the process works and what
all the pertinent verbage means.

Thanks

Larry