Re: [Exim] Max mail size per user?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Marc MERLIN
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Max mail size per user?
On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> I apologize for not being more specific, what I was initially trying to do
> was to prevent people from sending big Emails.

Ah that's very different. There is only one sender of a message, but
many recipients. However, unless SIZE is used, you don't know the size
of the message at the time the MAIL command is received, so making it
check at that point, in general, is not possible.

I suppose I could change Exim so that, if SIZE has been used, then when
verifying the sender, $message_size is set (it currently isn't). If I
did that, you could cause the sender not to verify if the size was too
big (by a suitable messy configuration). But it wouldn't catch the
non-SIZE case (and locally sent emails), so I don't really like the idea.

A better plan is probably to put something like this in a system filter:

if $message_size is above 10M and $sender_address matches ....
then fail "Message larger than $sender_address is allowed to send"
endif

You could replace 10M with a lookup on $sender_address to get per-sender
limits.