Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John W Baxter
To: exim-users
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...
At 11:21 +0100 7/17/2000, Paul Robinson wrote:
>I think this one is quite simple - I would love to be able to specify my own
>bounce messages (custom ones for RBL, no such user, etc.) but I think if that
>isn't possible, there is another solution. Why don't you add:

The Tower of Babel is already bad enough, with each MTA having its own way
of saying "we couldn't deliver this because you addressed it wrong." (AOL
may be the worst: listing several things which can cause delivery failure,
and eventually getting around to saying which one caused *this* delivery
failure.)

The last thing administrators of mailing lists, and other automatic bounce
handlers, need is each *instance* of each MTA doing its own thing.

--John