Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...

Top Pagina
Auteur: Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel
Aan: Vadim Vygonets
CC: exim-users
Nieuwe Onderwerpen: Re: [Exim] {OT] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...
On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, The awesome and feared Vadim Vygonets commented thusly,

> Quoth Philip Hazel on Fri, Jul 14, 2000:
> > It's machine-like because it is sent by a machine! Personally, I hate
> > programs that try to be anthropomorphic and chatty, but I guess that's
> > because I'm English and not American.
>
> Hi, I'm Eddie the computer. We'll soon have bounce messages with
> an application/paperclip MIME type attachment.

Although you are sarcastic above, sometimes being a bit friendly doesn't
hurt and makes the users like it.

> ISTR someone saying that when they installed qmail (which has the
> chatty message), there was suddenly a major increase in the
> number of replies to MAILER-DAEMON.

Well not only qmail but postfix has this IIRC, it just shows how much
users like a friendly mailer doesn' it.

IMHO many users are sick with the dull boring automated messages sent by
computers...

Kalum

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)