Re: [Exim] TCP service "smtp" not found

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: John Horne
CC: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [Exim] TCP service "smtp" not found
J.Horne@??? said:
> I would have said that the message was saying that it couldn't find
> the 'smtp' service in the /etc/services file

But would it be looking smtp up in the services file, or would it be
asking your name_service what smtp meant? On a solaris and most linux
systems this would have fired off through the nsswitch stuff and maybe
pulled in the nscd... none of which I trust further than I can throw an
S/390 :-)

    Nigel.

[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]