Re: [Exim] Question about exims security vs qmail?

Autor: Ian Southam
A: Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Question about exims security vs qmail?
On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 06:52:23PM +0600 Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel wrote :

> The only question I have to ask is how good is exims security? qmail as we
> all know has a reward for anyone cracking it, which has never being

All I can say is that it has never posed any problems for us here and we run a
many exim servers and process a *lot* of mail - and our mail
systems are small fry compared to some here (like freeserve for instance).

We have run Exim since version 2.02 and I can only recall one security report
against the program and, to my knowledge that was never exploited.

I only wish we could say the same thing about our POP, ftp and imap servers
;-).

--
Regards
Ian