RE: [Exim] using the -bh option to test exim

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Nancy Pettigrew
CC: exim-users
Betreff: RE: [Exim] using the -bh option to test exim
On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Nancy Pettigrew wrote:

> > If that isn't the problem, try posting the full output of
> > exim -d 9 -bh 1.2.3.4
> > to us here, and someone should be able to help..
>
> I expected the session to croak at the beginning, but there's no check of
> the host_accept_relay option, as far as I can tell.

How could it croak at the beginning? It doesn't know at that stage if a
relay attempt is going to be made or not.

It does not check for relaying permission until the caller actually
attempts to relay. Why waste time on a check that may not be needed?
You must proceed to give a MAIL and a RCPT command to force a relay
check.