[Exim] using the -bh option to test exim

Author: Nancy Pettigrew
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] using the -bh option to test exim
In order to test my configuration file, I've been using the -bh option for
exim, followed by a bogus IP address.

I never see the host_accept_relay option checked in the resulting session
output.
I am using an IP address that is not contained in the db file of "good" IP
addresses (Created from pop authentications), but it does not get rejected.

I've also tried setting the host_accept_relay value to one IP address
(host_accept_relay = 123.345.1.999), and then running exim with the -bh
option and a different IP (/usr/etc/exim -bh 222.333.444.555), but the
session does not get rejected.

Am I missing something here?

Danke.