Re: [Exim] Problem with delivery failure messages

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: J C Lawrence
To: Daniel Dorau
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Problem with delivery failure messages
On Sat, 1 Jul 2000 22:06:04 +0200
Daniel Dorau <woodst@???> wrote:

> Is there a way to solve this? It is not necessary that the errors
> messages are sent back to the real user (I guess this will not
> work because the original sender is lost). I would be ok if the
> error messages would return to a local address like
> postmaster@??? .

Been there done that.

The easiest way to solve this is to get someone to smarthost for you
that will accept the original Sender addresses (and thus the
original envelope). In all probability your ISP will do this (it
easy enough to check) as they're normally configured to discriminate
on IP ranges, not envelopes. If not, you can often find someone
willing to smarthost for you if your traffic levels are not too high
(eg try who-ever is currently acting as your secondary MX).

--
"Show me the way to go home"                 Home: claw@???
J C Lawrence                               Other: coder@???