Re: [Exim] SNMP and Exim

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jason Gunthorpe
Aan: Yann Golanski
CC: J C Lawrence, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] SNMP and Exim
On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Yann Golanski wrote:

> I wrote a small and very Planet specific set of tools to display graphs
> of such things -- see the Exim paper I wrote on
> www.kierun.org/academic/ for examples. It will only run on Linux (it
> uses messages in /proc architecture which only Linux uses -- I think).

I do this with qmail.. My approach was to write a custom loggin daemon
which tool all the qmail log information an did some trivial parsing of it
on the way out to the log file. Every 1 min it would write a file which
contained the statistics, total deliveries, failed, bounces, etc which was
picked up by mrtg and then graphed.

You could probably do something similar with exim, but you have to tail
the log files instead of siphon off the log stream.

Jason