Re: [Exim] Panic log error message I can't understand

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: Jonathan Haynes, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Panic log error message I can't understand
On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> > Give that man a beer!!
>
> OK. So now the JRH can put in a condition something like
>
> condition = "${if match{$local_part}{:}fail}
>
> in the director (I suspect I have that wrong, but a bit of playing with
> expansions should do it). But is that an time to ask for another feature,
> like
>
> require_file_nolist
>
> which is exactly like require_files, but will not be treated as a colon
> separated list.

Well, that seems a bit OTT; what you really want to do is to double any
colons in the text. The latest Exims (from 3.14) have a substitution
operator. So instead of $local_part you can write

${sg {$local_part}{:}{::}}

(It's called "sg" because it's like Perl's "s" operator with the "g"
option.)

> In general this is a warning that we should all look through our
> configs for all expansions of sender generated strings and see whether
> anyone can do anything nasty by sending something pathological.

Indeed.