Re: [Exim] Panic log error message I can't understand

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jeffrey Goldberg
Aan: Jonathan Haynes
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Panic log error message I can't understand
On Jun 28, 2000 Jonathan Haynes <J.Haynes@???> wrote:

> > Consider what happens if ${local_part} ends up containing a colon.

> Give that man a beer!!

OK. So now the JRH can put in a condition something like

condition = "${if match{$local_part}{:}fail}

in the director (I suspect I have that wrong, but a bit of playing with
expansions should do it). But is that an time to ask for another feature,
like

require_file_nolist

which is exactly like require_files, but will not be treated as a colon
separated list.

I know that this is obscure, but someone could use that director and
problem to test the existence of files on the system by sending mail to

:/file/to/test@???

and might get a 4xx if the file doesn't exist and an unknown user if the
file does exist. (Actually, I'm not certain of that as the particular
director that has this require_files would get triggered and would
probably break in otherways here.)

In general this is a warning that we should all look through our
configs for all expansions of sender generated strings and see whether
anyone can do anything nasty by sending something pathological.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
Note: I am moving and changing many addresses, please see