Re: [Exim] Quota

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jeffrey Goldberg
Aan: Alexei V. Alexandrov
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Quota
On Jun 26, 2000 Alexei V. Alexandrov <ava@???> wrote:

> I have a question to about quotas. I have seen the list about quotas
> on domains. I have the following situatin: virtual hosts with
> several mailboxes in them - i can only limit disk usage to a
> particular user or a file... can i limit to domain?

Do you have more than one username per domain? If not, you can use the
system (not exim) user quota mechanism. Otherwise, I suppose that you
could set up a filesystem for each virtual domain and limit that.

Some fancier file systems (it think AFS) might be able to put quotas on
groups of users.

> So i can count
> the sizes of mailboxes in this domain and send a warning to each
> mailbox if they have reached the maximum? Can anyone help me with
> this problem.

I really think that that is probably a job best left to perl, or some
similar tool if you really do have several UIDs per virtual host.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
Note: I am moving and changing many addresses, please see