[Exim] queued message management

Author: sys044
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] queued message management
I am using "split_spool_directory" and wonder why the queue directory
is not output with "exim -bp" or any of its varients.

I would also like to delete messages from the queue or force return,
"-Mg" and "-Mrm" but their parameter is a list of message-ids which are
not printed with the queue.

This may not be quite so bad as the reason for doing this will normally
be in response to a request initiated by a warning message where the
message-id is given.

However if I want to remove a specific frozen message where no warning
has been issued or when the originator did not give the message-id or
gave it incorrectly, then there is a problem.

I am not running the EXIM monitor.

Has anyone written a utility to

a. provide the queue directory with the other -bp output

b. provide the message id of the message
or
c. being able to delete a message by queue identification

Perhaps someone could explain why the seeming inconsistency exists
in case I am approaching message management in the wrong direction.
I am just bringing EXIM into service over the summer.

John Linn (j.linn@???)