Re: [Exim] Rewrite Help

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Padraic Renaghan
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Rewrite Help
On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Padraic Renaghan wrote:

> That did the trick. I'm not sure if the part about the fail only
> working as the second string is in the documentation, but if it was,
> my glossy/tired eyes must have missed it.

Spec says:

${if <condition> {<string1>}{<string2>}}

If <condition> is true, <string1> is expanded and replaces the whole item;
otherwise <string2> is used. For example,

     ${if eq {$local_part}{postmaster} {yes}{no} }

The second string need not be present; if it is not and the condition is
not true, the item is replaced with nothing. Alternatively, the word 'fail'
may be present instead of the second string (without any curly brackets).
In this case, the expansion fails if the condition is not true. The
available conditions are described in section 9.4 below.