Re: [Exim] Problem with "allow_localhost" in exim (SSL relay…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Wojtek Zabolotny
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem with "allow_localhost" in exim (SSL relaying from trusted DIP connected hosts)
On Sun, 18 Jun 2000, Wojtek Zabolotny wrote:

>    smarthost:
>      driver = domainlist
>       #  transport = remote_smtp
>       #  route_list = "* my.host.name bydns_a"
>      transport = my_smtp
>      route_list = "* localhost byname"

You need to add

self = send

to that router.

> AFAIK this should be fixed with the "allow_localhost = true" in the
> my_smtp transport definition, however it doesn't work

Because allow_localhost applies to hosts specified in the transport, not
to hosts specified by the router:

allow_localhost

    Type:    boolean
    Default: false

    When a host specified in hosts or fallback_hosts (see below) turns out to
    be the local host, or is listed in hosts_treat_as_local, Exim freezes the
    message by default. However, if allow_localhost is set, it goes on to do
    the delivery anyway. This should be used only in special cases when the
    configuration ensures that no looping will result (for example, a differ-
    ently configured Exim is listening on the SMTP port).