Re: [Exim] Malformed address on a list

Author: Dave C.
To: Marilyn Davis
CC: exim-users, under-zo
Subject: Re: [Exim] Malformed address on a list
On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Marilyn Davis wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Dave C. wrote:
>

> > This may not have even been intentional..
>
> I doubt if it was -- this time. I didn't even write to the subscriber. I
> hate to involve us in too much technical stuff. But I'm disturbed that we
> can be brought down so easily.
>

> > If I were you, I would reconfigure majordomo to not put the
> > "comment" parts of addresses in the list, just the functional address.
>
> There's a good idea. I hate to lose that quoted info about each of
> our members but maybe that's what we'll have to do.

For the existing data, you could make an archival copy.

For new subscriptions, you could set up to archive the original
subscription request which would contain this info, if it was
present.... This would be a good idea anyway, in case someone accuses
you of spamming, you can show them the email that requested them to be
subscribed - if it was a forgery, they could inspect the headers to try
and track down the forger..