Re: [Exim] Adding a disclaimer to out going emails

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [Exim] Adding a disclaimer to out going emails
Quoth Philip Hazel on Tue, Jun 13, 2000:
> This thread has finally pushed me into making a special update to the
> FAQ because the question comes up so often. The new FAQ (this is the
> only change) is now on the primary ftp site. I have, I hope, distilled
> the essence of the thread into the answer to Q1501.

Three more points:

1. False positives. Think what happens when an official
announcement ends up with having a disclaimer.

2. Perl scripts which don't represent the views of the company
(or compile) are funny enough too. And what happens when the
message contains no text parts at all?

3. False negatives. When the disclaimer adding fails for some
reason, people who receive the message will think "Hmm, this
message is probably official".

Vadik.

--
XVII:
    Software is like entropy.  It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing,