Re: [Exim] Majordomo and Exim

Author: Julian King
To: Joel Rowbottom
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Majordomo and Exim

> Hi all --
>
> I've got a problem with Majordomo and Exim.
>
> When administering lists with hundreds of subscribers, it takes an absolute
> age for the messages to be turned around - it looks like it's only sending
> one at a time even though:
> remote_max_parallel = 8

[snip config]

> Has anyone got any thoughts please? It does seem to be falling over
> resolving names...
>
> With best wishes and thanks,
>

> Joel.

Hello Joel,

The config looks fine to me. When I have had this problem in the past it
was a DNS issue, in that the first entry on my /etc/resolv.conf was not
responding, so it had to time out. This would take a significant amount
of time. This was also apparent in resolving other hostnames that were
not in /etc/hosts.

If that isn't the case then I would do what I imagine that you have
already done, namely ramp up the debugging, and manually deliver a
message and watch what happened. The logs should certainly make it
clear if deliveries are happening in parallel.

One last thing, which I hesitate to mention since it comes under the
'have you turned the power on' school of solutions - are you sure that
majordomo is using exim and not sendmail?

HTH

Julian