[Exim] exim & DNS lookups

Author: dmitry_v_ivanov
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] exim & DNS lookups
Hi, All

I have a little problem while using exim.

I have a router, that sends all nonlocal mail to relay host:

relay_router:
driver=domainlist
transport=remote_smtp
route_list=* my.relay.host bydns_a

I use a dial-up connection, when pppd is on, my resolv.conf
is changed for using DNS of my ISP.
During connection nslookup my.relay.host finds it IP and all is OK.

But when I run sendmail -qf exim says:
>R=relay_router defer (-1) lookup of host "my.relay.host" failed in
>relay_router

When I run exim -b9 -bt lc@??? .. exim says : unroutable mail domain
"my.relay.host". My IP is 192.169.*.*, relay IP is 213.154.*.*.

When I tried to change "bydns_a" to "byname" & "bydns", situation is
the same, but when I change "my.relay.host" to it's IP, all becoms OK
and mail flushes to relay.

I think, that I have a bug in my DNS or exim configurations,
but where I must dig to find it?

E-Mail: dmitry_v_ivanov@???
Date: 29-May-00
Time: 11:17:46