Re: [Exim] mysql tables and lookup

Author: james
To: robert rotman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] mysql tables and lookup
On 25-May-00 robert rotman wrote:

> On Thu, 25 May 2000 james@??? wrote:
>
> didn't you get any troubles with "max_connections" of mysql or
> max-open-files limits on your OS?
> do you have the "local_domains" in a mysql database?
>
> what machine you are working on - guess it's not a pc;)

Interestingly not - although I suspect the person who installed the
mysql server in the first place tuned it up appropriately high. There are up
to 100 exim processes and up to 255 apache servers possible at any one time
with the current setup (plus however many popds and ftpds). It's not hit a
limit yet (except that one time when the max number of processes went past the
limit when we upped the no. of processors from 1 to 4 - apache saw all the
unused resources and tried to use them all ;-) )

It's a FreeBSD box (3.x), the hardware being 4 x PII Xeon processors, and 2gb
ram. Lot's of SCSI disks in a cdd mirrored stripe setup. Having seen Linux and
FreeBSD side by side in server situations before, I'd go for BSD every time.

james

--
James Greenhalgh - Unix Systems Architect

* The views in this message are not those of Powernet Telecom Ltd *