Re: [Exim] vacation

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dan Kappus
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] vacation
On Wed, 24 May 2000, Dan Kappus wrote:

> I then changed require_files = .vacation.msg to ${local_part}/.vacation.msg
> and it generated an error
> "file name for existence test is not fully qualified"
>
> What am I missing to make this work?

An absolute path name for the file. You need something like

require_files = $home/.vacation.message

In fact, you might well need

require_files = $local_part : $home/.vacation.message

so that Exim changes uid to the local part before looking for the file.

> I interpret the following from these errors:
>
> a) I need to provide a full path to the files I'm requiring
> b) Exim won't deliver if it can't find the files it's looking for?

Correct.

But: why not just create a .forward file for the user?