Re: [Exim] exim-3.14 known bugs?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim-3.14 known bugs?
On Mon, 22 May 2000, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> Shortly after exim-3.14 was released, I thought I saw messages on this
> mailing list which suggested that there was some problem with respect to
> a behavioral change from exim-3.13 that bit some people. I seem to
> remember it having something to do with filters.

One person got bit by a bug I fixed, proving that one man's bug is
another man's feature. The bug was that, if the mechanism for sending
warnings when a mailbox passed a certain threshold was turned on, Exim
sent the warning even in the case when the message was so big it
wouldn't get delivered because it hit the quota. One user was using this
"feature" to send warnings when over-large messages were rejected...

Then there was the recently reported problem with the environment.

> I've had a request to update the FreeBSD port for Exim from 3.13 to
> 3.14. Before I do, I'd like to ask whether anyone remembers an issue
> that might have led me to believe what I do, or whether I picked up on a
> red herring.

If you are updating the port, take a look at the parameters. I really
don't think embedded Perl should be in the default port.