Re: [Exim] not kidding: filtering and German laws :|

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: V. T. Mueller
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] not kidding: filtering and German laws :|
vtmue@??? said:
> You mean bouncing the mail back to the original sender? Prohibited by
> German law: if you receive a mail and you have the technical ablility
> to deliver it, then you will have to deliver it.

Ugh... I suppose it makes some degree of sense having accepted an SMTP
transaction that you should go on to deliver it although the spam
blocking part then seems inconsistant with that.

vtmue@??? said:
> Anyways, has anyone something to start from (for delaying a filtered
> mail while generating a warning mail) or do I have to start from
> scratch?

Not really. The best means to delay the message is to freeze it, but
you may have messages frozen for other legimate reasons. My tendancy
would be to freeze and move the queue files off to another directory
and process that as a separate yet-to-be-written pipeline :-)

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]