Re: [Exim] Non-numeric variables in filters

Author: Michael Stevens
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Non-numeric variables in filters
On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 10:15:34AM +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> Definitely :-)
>
> I have come to the conclusion that the inbuilt filter language - which
> was initially not available as a system filter (guilty - I asked for
> that a few years back), doesn't cut it for current requirements.
>
> I would like to go the embedded perl route. Perl seems to me to be
> well suited for the sort of operations we need - such as monster
> regexps :-)

I like all of what you say :)

What I personally would really like to see is the exim equivalent of
mod_perl for apache - pretty much full exposure of the internals.

--
"People are stupid. This one rule puts most of the things you'll ever
come across into a relatively sensible context." - Simon Cozens