Re: [Exim] Mail Filtering

Author: Rainer Link
To: Sean Bushby
CC: Exim Mailing list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mail Filtering
> Sean Bushby wrote:

Hi!

> I'm trying to find out if exim has the power to filter email to filter
> out perhaps large attachments, perhaps impose email size limitation
> and stop pics, vid's etc...

Well, read the archive, which is also only available via web from

Or have a look at ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/filter/

> I don't know if exim can do this and if exim can work with a virus
> scanner.

Well, IIRC some stuff is explained in the FAQ and the sample config
files. You may have a look also at http://www.unixzone.com/virus - but
AMaViS works not yet via a system filter. It's on my to do list for some
time but I'm currently busy with hacking some sendmail stuff (and bug
fixing :-( ), so AMaViS 0.2.0-pre6-clm-rl-9 will be released without a
better exim integration. ;-(

HTH

cu, Rainer
--